Re: possibly exhausted ftp-masters (Re: Do we still value contributions?

Hi Sean,

On Sat, 28 Dec 2019, Sean Whitton wrote:
For packages with simple copyright and licensing, machine readable
copyright files can take longer to write than a freeform copyright file.

this discussion started with possible stuff to reduce the time for NEW reviews. If I look at dgit, why do I need to read sentences like "This is a dummy package containing only Debian metadata" in the copyright file? I also don't have to be told that GPL is comaptible with GPLv3. During the time I need to read such freeform prose to understand the copyright situation, I could check several machine-readable files where I can capture all important information at first view.

  Thorsten