Re: possibly exhausted ftp-masters (Re: Do we still value contributions?

Hello,

On Thu 26 Dec 2019 at 07:05pm +00, Scott Kitterman wrote:

> The notion that it's easier for a human to parse isn't universal.  I
> don't find it's the case.  Hard to follow copyright files can be
> written in any format.

This has been my experience as well.

For some packages, the traditional format is easier for humans to use,
and for others, the machine-readable format is easier to both read and
write.  It is good to let maintainers judge which one will work best for
their package.  (I think we should be optimising for our human
volunteers, because they are the lifeblood of our project.)

--
Sean Whitton