Re: possibly exhausted ftp-masters (Re: Do we still value contributions?

Quoting Sean Whitton (2019-12-28 10:53:14)
> On Thu 26 Dec 2019 at 07:05pm +00, Scott Kitterman wrote:
>
> > The notion that it's easier for a human to parse isn't universal.  I
> > don't find it's the case.  Hard to follow copyright files can be
> > written in any format.
>
> This has been my experience as well.
>
> For some packages, the traditional format is easier for humans to use,
> and for others, the machine-readable format is easier to both read and
> write.  It is good to let maintainers judge which one will work best
> for their package.  (I think we should be optimising for our human
> volunteers, because they are the lifeblood of our project.)

I ceertainly agree that our copyright files should be machine-readable
in _addition_ to being human-readable, not instead.

I believe our current machine-readable format is expressive enough to
also be decently human-readable.

Please help challenge me on that: Provide me examples of packages
considered unsuitable for use with our machine-readable format because
that would make them too human-unreadable.  I would like to have a
closer look at such cases.

 - Jonas