Do we want to try to find consensus before a GR?

I had been hoping to start some discussions on these issues after
debconf.

I am not really interested in doing so against the backgdrop of a
potential GR happening at the same time.

Thomas, would you be willing to hold off on potential GR stuff until
after I see where we get with consensus?

Folks here, would you rather me try and find out how far we can get on
debian-devel using methodology similar to the debhelper discussions, or
would you rather Thomas draft GR text and look for seconds?

--Sam