Re: Conflict escalation and discipline

Dear fellow developers,

> > That's certainly true.  I thought of these ideas:
>
> What about [..]

I would agree that the current name for the Anti-Harrassment team
is sub-optimal and that names & words are uniquely powerful tools
at our disposal.

I can think of many historical examples in Debian where they were,
alas, not given enough consideration at the time.

However, I can't help but feel that we are distracting ourselves
from the more important and initial questions of what the remit or
powers of this enhanced/supplemental team might be.

Indeed, the very fact that such "name framing" is so powerful is
likely to handicap this very discussion (which started at [0]
AFAICT) in that it can put off people who feel — and I'm uncertain
how to phrase it here — "de-framed" or otherwise put-off from
contributing by a suggestion.

  [0] https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2018/04/msg00024.html

Best wishes,

--