Re: producing, distributing, storing Debian t-shirts

also sprach Adam Borowski <kilobyte@angband.pl> [2017-05-01 21:33 +0200]:
> Note the data mentioned in this thread:
> * decent printed shirts cost $0.60 in a large batch (including the
>   manufacturer's profit)
> * "very good quality" printed shirts made in a small batch retail for $3 if
>   you skip most of the "rich country" artificial markup (ie, the price you
>   pay in shop is "what the market will bear" rather than just what would
>   keep the seller in business)

Make it fair-trade and printed by people with disabilities, like
we did for DC15, and it was somewhere around $8. I'd still buy
a shirt for $15 or so every now and then if it was a witty new
design and a cut of the proceeds were donated to Debian.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o> @martinkrafft
: :'  :  proud Debian developer

"was aus liebe getan wird,
 geschieht immer jenseits von gut und böse."
                                                 - friedrich nietzsche