Re: producing, distributing, storing Debian t-shirts

also sprach Didier 'OdyX' Raboud <odyx@debian.org> [2017-05-01 18:44 +0200]:
> If there's interest, I would _really_ recommend finding
> a trustable and specialized partner (such as EnVenteLibre) to
> manage that, even if Debian is to provide the initial funds and/or
> let a certain percentage go.

For many of us, it goes without saying that we'd not take a margin
off merchandise we create/sell for our project, mainly because of
our idealism.

However, at the end of the day, all things considered, if Didier or
Person X would mark those items up, say, 5% to cover the incidentals
(not the time spent), then I wouldn't have a problem with that.
It'll certainly help if they were entirely transparent about it,
though.

Note also that there's nothing that prevents Person Y from producing
Debian merchandise and offering it with a more substantial markup.
If people buy it (i.e. the price is right), then everyone benefits…

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o> @martinkrafft
: :'  :  proud Debian developer

it is ok to let your mind go blank, but please turn off the sound.