Re: producing, distributing, storing Debian t-shirts

Le dimanche, 30 avril 2017, 17.42:53 h CEST Andrew M.A. Cater a écrit :
> Debian.ch did one very cool piece of merchandise - customised Victorinox
> knives with Debian logo. Fantastic, useful - and potentially illegal to
> carry but a lovely thing. I think it took a huge time to organise the
> logistics although the cost wasn't huge since the manufacturers do this
> regularly and the retooling isn't massive the overhead was high.

The cost structure for that one-time project made it possible to sell the
Debian-branded knives for the same non-branded retail price. That's really
cool, but also meant an inexistant margin.

But add to that the effort it took to collect pre-orders, then orders, and
then manage the stock and the international shipping for small and expensive
little gems that were acquired initially in an expensive currency (CHF);
wedidn't make a penny worth of margin, for _a lot_ of administrativia and
effort.

    OdyX

P.S. We transfered the stock to EnVenteLibre, and they still have some:
https://enventelibre.org/goodies/17-couteau-suisse-debian.html