Re: producing, distributing, storing Debian t-shirts

martin f krafft - 01.05.17, 21:37:
> also sprach Adam Borowski <kilobyte@angband.pl> [2017-05-01 21:33 +0200]:
> > Note the data mentioned in this thread:
> > * decent printed shirts cost $0.60 in a large batch (including the
> >   manufacturer's profit)
> >
> > * "very good quality" printed shirts made in a small batch retail for $3
> > if
> >
> >   you skip most of the "rich country" artificial markup (ie, the price you
> >   pay in shop is "what the market will bear" rather than just what would
> >   keep the seller in business)
>
> Make it fair-trade and printed by people with disabilities, like
> we did for DC15, and it was somewhere around $8. I'd still buy
> a shirt for $15 or so every now and then if it was a witty new
> design and a cut of the proceeds were donated to Debian.

I would not have any issue with paying an extra fee for fair-trade, organic T-
Shirt. That most are not at FLOSS events is a reason why I sometimes do not
opt for a T-Shirt at all.

The very cheap approach of T-Shirt doesn´t go along well with any kind of
idealism. Its very nice to hear in retrospect that the DC15 T-Shirts have been
fair trade – I didn´t know that.

--
Martin