Re: Formal declaration of weak package ownership in source packages (was: Replace the TC power to depose maintainers)

Scott Kitterman writes ("Re: Formal declaration of weak package ownership in source packages (was: Replace the TC power to depose maintainers)"):
> These changes will require, at the very least, policy changes.  We
> have a process for that.
>
> Unless this thing is somehow opt-in only, be prepared for a GR overriding it.

It might be best to do it via a GR anyway.

> P. S. In case you wonder how maintainerless works, go look at the dusty corners of the Ubuntu archive.

I'm not in favour of abolishing amintainership.

You don't explicitly say so but I get the impression from your mail
that you think what I am suggesting is a bad idea.  I've read your
other messages in this thread and they have significantly influenced
my thinking.  So perhaps I have misunderstood you.

Ian.