Re: Formal declaration of weak package ownership in source packages (was: Replace the TC power to depose maintainers)

Hi,

Quoting Holger Levsen (2016-12-06 15:15:53)
> On Tue, Dec 06, 2016 at 03:08:54PM +0100, Adam Borowski wrote:
> > > https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/multistrap
> > I see that https://wiki.debian.org/LowThresholdNmu lists you as
> > [[JohannesSchauer|Johannes 'josch' Schauer]] while the maintainer field is
> > Johannes Schauer <josch@debian.org>, that obviously breaks a string match.
>
> the email on the wiki page is also a different one…

maybe whoever implemented or understands the algorithm that is used by the PTS
to parse the wiki page should precisely explain the conditions used for the
matching in said wiki page? Right now I do not see any way to verify whether an
entry in the wiki page is actually properly formatted.

The fact that I didn't know that there were consumers like the PTS which expect
a certain formatting explains why I didn't take great care when I inserted my
name into the list. So maybe the wiki page could also get a list of machine
consumers at the top?

Actually, this is a great argument for why this information should be in a
deb822 field in the source package itself.

Thanks!

cheers, josch