Re: Formal declaration of weak package ownership in source packages (was: Replace the TC power to depose maintainers)

Hi,

Quoting Lars Wirzenius (2016-12-06 16:06:30)
> On Tue, Dec 06, 2016 at 03:50:12PM +0100, Johannes Schauer wrote:
> > Actually, this is a great argument for why this information should be in a
> > deb822 field in the source package itself.
>
> FWIW, I think this is the kind of information that should be kept out
> of the source package, since changing it would require an upload and
> that's not going to happen for stable. I'd prefer such information be
> kept somewhere it's easy to change.

why would it be important to change that kind of information for a package in
stable? The audience interested in this field is interested in uploads to
unstable, so is it not sufficient if the information is up-to-date there?

If you want to make a change to stable, then you have to go through the stable
release team anyways first.

What do you think?

cheers, josch