Re: Formal declaration of weak package ownership in source packages (was: Replace the TC power to depose maintainers)

Lars Wirzenius writes ("Re: Formal declaration of weak package ownership in source packages (was: Replace the TC power to depose maintainers)"):
> For example, there's corner cases that get tricky. A package might
> only be in stable, but the maintainer wants to declare it as
> LowThresholdAdoptable. That would require an upload to unstable only
> to change that bit of metadata. Or Debian might be in a freeze, and
> uploading a new package version would be frowned upon.
>
> It's a lot simpler to keep this metadata outside source package.

I endorse this product and/or service.

Ian.