Re: Formal declaration of weak package ownership in source packages (was: Replace the TC power to depose maintainers)

On Tue, Dec 06, 2016 at 02:55:57PM +0100, Johannes Schauer wrote:
> Quoting Adam Borowski (2016-12-06 09:36:08)
> > On Tue, Dec 06, 2016 at 09:18:49AM +0100, Johannes Schauer wrote:
> > > What I currently find inconvenient about the LowThresholdNmu page is, that it
> > > is external to the source package. So after having found a package I want to
> > > fix I have to manually look up on that wiki page whether the maintainer is fine
> > > with NMUs and if it applies to the source package at hand.
> >
> > I wouldn't even think of making a NMU without looking at the PTS, and that
> > page states "LowNMU" right to the maintainer's name.
>
> cool! That's really helpful! Can we also have that being displayed in the bts
> where people are usually coming from if they want to fix a bug?
>
> Unfortunately, I don't see where it says LowNMU in the pts. For example if I
> look at my package multistrap, the string LowNMU occurs nowhere:
>
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/multistrap

I see that https://wiki.debian.org/LowThresholdNmu lists you as
[[JohannesSchauer|Johannes 'josch' Schauer]] while the maintainer field is
Johannes Schauer <josch@debian.org>, that obviously breaks a string match.

Wookey isn't recognized either, the tool might want a space or something.

--
u-boot problems can be solved with the help of your old SCSI manuals, the
parts that deal with goat termination.  You need a black-handled knife, and