Re: Debian decides to adopt time-based release freezes

On Wed, Jul 29 2009, Steve Langasek wrote:

> (Which is still an important and necessary process, even if some people
> currently feel the release team is shoving this decision down their throats
> - if there are problems with the proposed plan, we can only fix those and
> make the next Debian release as great as possible by discussing them
> respectfully and working together to solve them.)

        Really? I doubt that the effort to get the next release of
 debian to a state where we can ock down a out of the box install or
 virtual machine with selinux strict policy is going to get any
 consideration at all.

        All the short first release cyce seems to do is to ensure that
 canonical's LTS will always be a more compelling product than a Debian
 release, being slightly newer and improved. Does not sound like a win
 for Debian (just makes us even more irrelevant).

        manoj
--
It is the quality rather than the quantity that matters. Lucius Annaeus
Seneca (4 B.C. - A.D. 65)