Re: DAM and NEW queues processing

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 06:02:11PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> I think it's clear from the copyright files already in the archive
> and that are accepted daily by ftpmaster that listing the individual
> files is unnecessary if you have all of the licenses accounted for
> (and potentially copyright notices, which are the main topic of
> current disagreement).  I do agree with you that having that written
> down somewhere would be good, though.

(My interpretation is the same.)

FWIW, I consider listing files in DEP5-style an advantage in complex
packages because it helps out in checking for the completeness of your
license/copyright review. Yes, it is more work, but you gain that you
can check whether a given source file has been forgotten.

Cheers.