Re: DAM and NEW queues processing

Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> writes:
> Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> writes:

>> That I can definitely agree is a concern, and it would be very nice
>> to figure out a way to find project consensus on what should and
>> shouldn't go into the debian/copyright file.

> Or, more importantly, an actual consistent policy (with rationale) from
> the ftpmasters to say what they require.

I think, and I believe the ftpmasters would agree, that they will
enforce project consensus provided that it doesn't strike them as
legally dangerous or otherwise seriously problematic.  I would rather
have a consensus than a dictated policy.  More people involved means
more insight into the challenges of different types of packages.  As
we've already seen with previous iterations of this discussion, it's too
easy to draw conclusions based on the vast majority of tiny packages and
create situations that are untenable for the small number of huge
packages we have.