Re: DAM and NEW queues processing

Le Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 06:02:11PM -0700, Russ Allbery a écrit :

> I think it's clear from the copyright files already in the archive and
> that are accepted daily by ftpmaster that listing the individual files
> is unnecessary if you have all of the licenses accounted for (and
> potentially copyright notices, which are the main topic of current
> disagreement).  I do agree with you that having that written down
> somewhere would be good, though.

This is great news, I was under the wrong impression.

For the copyright notices, I propose to study the most common licenses
(typically, the ones who would get their abbriged name standardised in DEP5)
and make a table that summarises their requirements on that issue. That work
could take place on the debian-legal mailing list, for instance.

With a good summary of the situation, I think that we will have more chances
to reach a consensus on this list or debian-devel, whithout generating too
much messages that would turn people out of the discussion.

Have a nice day.

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan