Re: DAM and NEW queues processing

Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> writes:

> FWIW, I consider listing files in DEP5-style an advantage in complex
> packages because it helps out in checking for the completeness of your
> license/copyright review. Yes, it is more work, but you gain that you
> can check whether a given source file has been forgotten.

For every large package that I've written a DEP5-style copyright file
for, I've ended up using a catch-all wildcard for the most common
license term and then only listed exceptions.  This means that listing
the files provides no real benefit in checking whether one was
forgotten, unless I'm missing some neat trick.