Re: Call for a new DPL mediation ... This will be the only thread i will reply to in the next time about this issue.

On 22 Jun 2006, MJ Ray spake thusly:

> Matthew Garrett <mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
>> Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
>>> [...] You (as in GR, DPL or proper delegate) can always force
>>> them out, replace them with someone else or disband the team
>>> completly.
>> Under which section of the constitution? The d-i team isn't made up
>> of delegates. The release managers could be instructed to use a
>> different installer and the admins could be instructed to remove
>> the website or repository, but I don't see any mechanism by which
>> the team itself can be altered via the constitution.
>
> If the admins could be instructed to remove the repository, why
> can't they be instructed to restore svenl?

        I mirror my repo on arch.d.o. I am using projext resources, I
 can be told to stop using them -- which is legit. If you tell me to,
 or change file permissions on arch.d.o without my permission,  so
 that some DD is given commit permissions there, I'll just delete all
 files and move my repo to a different machine. Hopefully the new
 arrangement would still be a public access repo.

        So, at best, telling me to add people can, at best, be
 advisory; the only enforceable thing is to tell me to stop using
 project resources for my Debian work.

        manoj
--
Inside, I'm already SOBBING!