Re: Call for a new DPL mediation ... This will be the only thread i will reply to in the next time about this issue.

Matthew Garrett <mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
> Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
> > [...] You (as in GR, DPL or proper delegate) can always force
> > them out, replace them with someone else or disband the team
> > completly.
> Under which section of the constitution? The d-i team isn't made up of
> delegates. The release managers could be instructed to use a different
> installer and the admins could be instructed to remove the website or
> repository, but I don't see any mechanism by which the team itself can
> be altered via the constitution.

If the admins could be instructed to remove the repository, why
can't they be instructed to restore svenl?

Also, the d-i team seems to be listed on the organisation page
as Installation System Team like other delegates - is it not one?

Two other possible ways from a quick look at the constitution:
4.1.4. override the TC (although I don't recall why DPL directed
  this to TC, maybe because both Frans and Sven are part of the
  Installation System Team with overlapping responsibility for
  the technical decision of who has what access levels?);
5.1.1. appoint a delegate to chair the d-i project.

I think a Secretary ruling would be needed first, but it doesn't
look as obviously crazy to me as Matthew Garrett.

Hope that helps,
--
MJR/slef
Laux nur mia opinio: vidu http://people.debian.org/~mjr/