Re: Call for a new DPL mediation ... This will be the only thread i will reply to in the next time about this issue.

On 22 Jun 2006, Anthony Towns said:

> On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 11:31:56PM -0700, Chris Waters wrote:
>> Neither AJ, nor the Tech Ctte., nor even the whole project through
>> a GR has the power to make Sven a member of the d-i team unless the
>> d-i team is willing to have Sven as a member.
>
> A small clarification that doesn't really have much bearing on
> what's going on: in so far as the d-i team is the *Debian* installer
> team, the project as a whole (via GR, or representatives like the
> DPL, tech ctte, or delegates) gets to decide who are members.

        I beg to differ in a small detail.  The project gets to decide
 which _team_ is the official team, but now who all constitute the
 team, or how the team is run internally.

> Of course, that doesn't mean the project can force people to work
> together, just that we get to decide which group ends up being the
> official Debian team.

        This is my view, yes.

        manoj
--
Two brothers, Mort and Bill, like to sail.  While Bill has a great
deal of experience, he certainly isn't the rigger Mort is.