Re: Call for a new DPL mediation ... This will be the only thread i will reply to in the next time about this issue.

On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 12:14:42AM -0400, Benjamin Seidenberg wrote:

> AIUI (please, correct me if I am wrong) the D-I repository is hosted on
> svn.d.o, a machine belonging to the debian project.

Currently hosted perhaps (I really don't know), but alternate hosting
could probably be found if the d-i team felt it necessary.  I'm fairly
certain that d-i meets all the necessary criteria for Sourceforge or
Savannah, for example.

I want to make it clear that I don't think AJ or the project is trying
to force anyone onto anyone's team, or doing anything else wrong.  I'm
simply saying that such an attempt to control the membership of a team
_would_ be futile if the team wasn't willing, so there's little point
in saying that AJ _should_ "just give Sven access".  He really doesn't
have that power unless the d-i team is willing to cooperate!

Neither AJ, nor the Tech Ctte., nor even the whole project through a
GR has the power to make Sven a member of the d-i team unless the d-i
team is willing to have Sven as a member.

--
Chris Waters           |  Pneumonoultra-        osis is too long
xtifr@debian.org       |  microscopicsilico-    to fit into a single