Re: Call for a new DPL mediation ... This will be the only thread i will reply to in the next time about this issue.

On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 02:01:47PM -0700, Chris Waters wrote:
> Frankly, as someone who is looking into setting up a support team for
> some debian packages, I am appalled at the notion that the DPL can
> dictate who can and can't be a member of my team.
>
> Quite aside from whatever the facts may be in this particular case
> (and I admit that I neither know nor care), the precedent that would
> be set if the DPL were to (try to) force the d-i developers to give
> Sven commit access horrifies me!
>
> Such orders would be both unreasonable and unenforcable!  (Worst case,
> the d-i maintainers could pick up and move their repository to a
> separate host under their own control.)  What Sven is asking the DPL
> to do is, IMO, quite outside the scope of the DPL's authority!

All I am saying is:

Either the DPL's word on the issue is final or not.

If it's final, there shouldn't be any more discussion unless it is in the
form of a GR.

If it's still up for discussion, then Sven is right to continue advocating
for his position.  If it's not, then apparently Sven doesn't understand
that, and he should be made to understand.

--Adam

--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>