Re: Call for a new DPL mediation ... This will be the only thread i will reply to in the next time about this issue.

On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 02:01:47PM -0700, Chris Waters wrote:
> Frankly, as someone who is looking into setting up a support team for
> some debian packages, I am appalled at the notion that the DPL can
> dictate who can and can't be a member of my team.
> Quite aside from whatever the facts may be in this particular case
> (and I admit that I neither know nor care), the precedent that would
> be set if the DPL were to (try to) force the d-i developers to give
> Sven commit access horrifies me!
> Such orders would be both unreasonable and unenforcable!  (Worst case,
> the d-i maintainers could pick up and move their repository to a
> separate host under their own control.)  What Sven is asking the DPL
> to do is, IMO, quite outside the scope of the DPL's authority!

All I am saying is:

Either the DPL's word on the issue is final or not.

If it's final, there shouldn't be any more discussion unless it is in the
form of a GR.

If it's still up for discussion, then Sven is right to continue advocating
for his position.  If it's not, then apparently Sven doesn't understand
that, and he should be made to understand.

Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>