Re: Experiment: poll on "switching to vim-tiny for standard vi?"

[Gunnar Wolf]
> Well, it was also the default behavior for some time with the
> pre-Sarge installer - I don't know why it was dropped (in the back of
> my head I hear a little voice telling it was buggy or something, but
> I've been taught not to listen to those little voices). I'd like to be
> part of the standard install (of course, after answering a question,
> as many people will not want to be silently reporting their data).

It was taken out of the sarge installer when tasksel was modified,
because the method used by the installer to include the
popularity-contests question no longer was present in tasksel.  This
feature was not reimplemented in time for the sarge release, but
shortly thereafter.