Re: Experiment: poll on "switching to vim-tiny for standard vi?"

On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 09:14:16PM +0100, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> Because this is certainly not the first time I was curious on the
> opinion of the so called "Silent majority" (if such beast exists at
> all), I decided to simply try out this idea. Therefore, I've set
> up devotee (thanks to Manoj for writing it!) on jeroen-poll@debian.org,
> with results updated near realtime on
> http://master.debian.org/~jeroen/polls/. To participate in the context

I really like the idea of polls like this. As a maintainer I wondered
many times about the opinion of users of my packages, expecially for
decisions which fall in the realm of personal taste and in which you can
hardly satisfy all users (e.g. default settings).

Having a poll mechanisms, opened to users as well (maybe registered in
some way?, don't know ...) would help maintainer taking that kind of
decisions.

Great idea!