Re: Experiment: poll on "switching to vim-tiny for standard vi?"

[Chris Waters]
> The problem with this is that popcon tends to be self-selecting for
> "fan-boys".  People setting up serious servers with Debian are not
> going to be installing extraneous software like popcon, and casual
> users are unlikely to find it interesting enough to install even if
> they happen to notice its existance.

I suspect you have not tested the etch installation lately.  The
popularity-contest question is asked as part of the standard
installation path, so it is no-longer just for the few that know about
it.  I do not know how you define "serious servers", but I know of
quite a few servers with popularity-contest installed.