Names, was: Debian UK (was Re: What the DFSG really says about trademarks)

Another subthread that could/should go off-list but once and once only:

Brett Parker <iDunno@sommitrealweird.co.uk> wrote:
> Interesting, I've worked with MJ Ray, and his name is DEFINATELY Mark.
> Is it wrong to address someone by there name these days?

I've just checked my credit cards and even a tax notice from
that work (kept handy for tax reasons). All say Mr MJ Ray. It's
sort of amusing that the company name on the tax notice is spelt
odd, but my name is correct. Want me to send you a quick scan?

If you can remember then, you know I say in conversation that
I'll answer to anything, as long as it's not offensive! Written
down's a bit different, more permanent. Most variations predate
an event in 1998. I don't see why I should explain that online
to make people get my name right and I'm not going to debate
this further now. You're just rude to write it wrong. :-)

(db.d.o has an invented form of my name, but I asked years ago
to fix that, without success yet. Some government documents
get it like that too, but they usually fix it quickly.)

Thanks,
--
MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/