Re: Pledge To Killfile a person

Michael Poole <mdpoole@troilus.org> wrote: [...]
> How else should I consider a mail that simply declares "Troll."?  Do
> you think it is not rude?  Or was the point of the brevity something
> besides saving yourself the effort of justifying the judgment?

I thought that pro-active anti-troll interventions that might help
forestall vulnerable groups being harassed were suggested as Best
Practice by several debian contributors?

Personally, I consider them obnoxious and counter-productive, but
few were willing to support that position last time I told it to
a debian list. I'm surprised to see such strong objection now. Is
it because "troll alerts" are daft or because of who posted it?

MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/