Re: Discussion of bug #311683, default kde install shows porn

On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 09:05:41AM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> R. Armiento wrote:
> > Of the perhaps ~60 users I have helped over time, it is my impression
> > that wallpaper and screensaver are among the most common things for
> > "ordinary users" to configure. The random screensaver is a very common
> > choice.

True, and for that reason I would be surprised, maybe even offended if
*any* random image was sourced from Internet.

> Please, educate users to expect activating controls clearly
> labelled as "random" to do random things! If some possible
> actions are unacceptable, it is up to the user or sysadmin to
> block them.

Fine, random is ok, offensive is not.

It is difficult to devise a moral code of conduct in the sense of
software development, (i.e military use, movie making -- porno movies vs
sex education movies vs animal mating habits).

I think it boils down to what is considered offensive.

If it is the sysadmin who decides what is offensive he/she should at
least know of it!!

The sysadmin may get the sack :-(

The public won't blame the sysadmin they'll blame the big red swirl.

--
Chrisb.
=======