Re: Proposal - Free the Debian Open Use logo

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 08:1 6:28 +0100 (CET), Peter Karlsson
<peter@softwolves.pp.se> said:

> MJ Ray:
>> I suggest you review some of the messages recently sent to
>> debian-legal,

> I don't read debian-legal, but I've read some of the messages
> referenced from DWN. I don't agree.

>> including the one where Bruce Perens clarified that the DFSG were
>> written to apply to everything in debian

> Yeah, I saw that one. This means that we cannot include stuff like
> software licenses in Debian, which in turn means that we cannot
> really distributed Debian itself. Thus it's a void argument.

	Amazing. Faced with a conundrum, you assume that that people
 saying so must be dumb, and refuse to investigate further to see
 where the fallacy lies.

>> if you do not consider these things software, they are easily shown
>> to not be able to be part of Debian without considering DFSG.

> That claim is about as absurd as claiming a logotype a piece of
> software...

	Is it hardware, then? Or wetware?

	manoj

--
What a bonanza!  An unknown beginner to be directed by Lubitsch, in a
script by Wilder and Brackett, and to play with Paramount's two