Re: Proposal - Free the Debian Open Use logo

MJ Ray:

> I suggest you review some of the messages recently sent to
> debian-legal,

I don't read debian-legal, but I've read some of the messages
referenced from DWN. I don't agree.

> including the one where Bruce Perens clarified that the DFSG were
> written to apply to everything in debian

Yeah, I saw that one. This means that we cannot include stuff like
software licenses in Debian, which in turn means that we cannot really
distributed Debian itself. Thus it's a void argument.

> if you do not consider these things software, they are easily shown
> to not be able to be part of Debian without considering DFSG.

That claim is about as absurd as claiming a logotype a piece of
software...

--
\\//
Peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/