Re: Squeeze on Lombard

Hi once again, Michel.

Sorry for not being as speedy, but I had to go to the doctor yesterday
after those tests.

2011/5/3 Michel Dänzer <daenzer@debian.org>:
> Probably the radeon driver is loaded from the initrd (or even built into
> the kernel), but the firmware is not available in the same place.

Well, now I could make KMS work:

    http://www.ime.usp.br/~rbrito/linux/debug-r300/2.6.39-rc6/

I had to compile my own kernel, because just passing video=radeon to a
regular Debian kernel doesn't supersede radeonfb, even if I make sure
that radeon is in the initrd.

> That's because the DRI is completely disabled.

Now, that's not a problem anymore. But there are other problems, though:

* When I use any 3D application, I get distorted output, as you can
see in the pictures in the URL above.

* When I boot with KMS, after, say, 1 minute or so (can't be precise
here) almost all feedback from the window manager stops and I can only
move the mouse cursor. Nothing else is updated. After some 30 seconds
more, the monitor becomes completely dark (but the backlight is still
on).

Have you seen that before?

Thanks,

--