Re: Squeeze on Lombard
- To: Rogério Brito <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Squeeze on Lombard
- From: Michel Dänzer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 19:33:28 +0200
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <20110503172527.GA2672@ime.usp.br>
- References: <BANLkTin-ETA5UKOs7jrWf8CSUJ+0Q1rdwg@mail.gmail.com> <20110410162503.GA4412@lunatex> <4DA5DA8D.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <4DA6CE2A.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <4DB3D17E.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <BANLkTi=mEW7K9Wvsw6=iDnmmyFHyJoiQuQ@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20110503172527.GA2672@ime.usp.br>
On Die, 2011-05-03 at 14:25 -0300, Rogério Brito wrote:
> First of all, thank you very much for your speedy and precise answers. It is
> appreciated a lot.
> In particular, notice that radeon DRM is complaining that it couldn't load
> the firmware file, but it is there, readable for all:
Probably the radeon driver is loaded from the initrd (or even built into
the kernel), but the firmware is not available in the same place.
> Also, notice that the glxinfo output, even with the LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose
> environment variable set doesn't say anything else to the luser (me) why it
> has fallen back to the software rasterizer.
That's because the DRI is completely disabled.
Earthling Michel Dänzer | http://www.vmware.com
Libre software enthusiast | Debian, X and DRI developer