Re: Squeeze on Lombard

Hi, Michel.

2011/4/27 Michel Dänzer <daenzer@debian.org>:
> On Son, 2011-04-24 at 04:30 -0300, Rogério Brito wrote:
>> OK. I just put a before-and-after comparison on my homepage at:
>>
>>     http://www.ime.usp.br/~rbrito/linux/debug-r300/
>
> radeonfb is preventing radeon KMS from initializing.

Oh, you're right. I have put some logs of "pure" radeon there (see
under the 2.6.39-rc5+ directory there), but I still only got a
software rendering fallback. Just for your information, my main intent
with this machine is to run XBMC, which requires OpenGL 2.0, but, when
falling back to software rendering everything is sooo slow.

There's one catch, though: I had to boot with radeon.modeset=0, since,
if I didn't, I just got a corrupted console, with unreadable
characters and, perhaps, with the boot stuck with init entering
runlevel 2 (just guessing here). Nothing else worked. I can (of
course) provide further information on what I am doing, if told just
what I should do. :-)

Everything here is sid/experimental and I can experiment stuff here,
as it is not in production.

Thanks,

--
Rogério Brito : rbrito@{ime.usp.br,gmail.com} : GPG key 4096R/BCFCAAAA