Re: Squeeze on Lombard
- To: Rogério Brito <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Squeeze on Lombard
- From: Michel Dänzer <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 17:34:51 +0200
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <BANLkTi=mEW7K9Wvsw6=iDnmmyFHyJoiQuQ@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <BANLkTin-ETA5UKOs7jrWf8CSUJ+0Q1rdwg@mail.gmail.com> <20110410162503.GA4412@lunatex> <4DA5DA8D.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4DA6CE2A.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4DB3D17E.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <BANLkTi=mEW7K9Wvsw6=iDnmmyFHyJoiQuQ@mail.gmail.com>
On Die, 2011-05-03 at 12:04 -0300, Rogério Brito wrote:
> 2011/4/27 Michel Dänzer <email@example.com>:
> > On Son, 2011-04-24 at 04:30 -0300, Rogério Brito wrote:
> >> OK. I just put a before-and-after comparison on my homepage at:
> >> http://www.ime.usp.br/~rbrito/linux/debug-r300/
> > radeonfb is preventing radeon KMS from initializing.
> Oh, you're right. I have put some logs of "pure" radeon there (see
> under the 2.6.39-rc5+ directory there), but I still only got a
> software rendering fallback. Just for your information, my main intent
> with this machine is to run XBMC, which requires OpenGL 2.0, but, when
> falling back to software rendering everything is sooo slow.
> There's one catch, though: I had to boot with radeon.modeset=0, since,
Well, you can only get hardware accelerated OpenGL 2.x with KMS enabled.
> if I didn't, I just got a corrupted console, with unreadable
> characters and, perhaps, with the boot stuck with init entering
> runlevel 2 (just guessing here). Nothing else worked.
Try adding radeon.agpmode=1 to the kernel command line and, if that
alone doesn't help, radeon.no_wb=1 as well.
Earthling Michel Dänzer | http://www.vmware.com
Libre software enthusiast | Debian, X and DRI developer