Re: Powerbook5,6 German keyboard

Hello,

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 07:39:05PM +0200, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> Many maintainers (not all, though) are happy if you tell them in a
> good way what's wrong as this help them to figure out where the problem lays,
> a good bug description (and maybe a quick hack to fix it) is often
> enough. Also I at least would first look at the BTS if I have a problem, so
> this helps others too.
>
> Don't understand me wrong, its good that you publish your solution,
> but if possible, submit it anyway, stating that it is all you can
> provide (and, of course, if you are willing to test "proper" solutions
> later on).

Just for completeness: I have another set of xkb keybindings
for an Apple powerbook at http://seehuhn.de/comp/powerbook/ .
I updated them for use with Xorg just now and I indend to try
to submit my changes upstream eventually.  Only before the
fn-key kernel issue is resolved, this will probably not make
much sense and I plan to wait until the keymaps work with an
unpatched kernel.

This said, I invite of course everybody to have a look at the
current state of my keymaps and would be very happy to receive
comments about them.

All the best,
Jochen
--