Re: Powerbook5,6 German keyboard

Hello Bernhard,
On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 10:42:52AM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> 	d) I do not understand enough about this keyboard stuff
>
> I published my hack to help others.
> It is one piece of a puzzle that I know I miss a lot of the big picture.
> This was the best I could do.

Many maintainers (not all, though) are happy if you tell them in a
good way what's wrong as this help them to figure out where the problem lays,
a good bug description (and maybe a quick hack to fix it) is often
enough. Also I at least would first look at the BTS if I have a problem, so
this helps others too.

Don't understand me wrong, its good that you publish your solution,
but if possible, submit it anyway, stating that it is all you can
provide (and, of course, if you are willing to test "proper" solutions
later on).

I haven't yet tried xorg on my ibook, so I don't know if it'll work
with the german keyboard or not. And if it doesn't, I'd still submit
it to the X folks (but they already have a picture of my keyboard,
which they were happy to get!) and let them tell me (by reassigning)
if the problem actually lays somewhere else.

Greetings

               Helge

--
Dr. Helge Kreutzmann, Dipl.-Phys.           Helge.Kreutzmann@itp.uni-hannover.de