Re: cpufreq problems

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 08:32:45PM -0700, Mike S wrote:
> Itai Seggev wrote:
>
> >On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 08:32:24AM +0200, Mickael Royer wrote:
> >

> >>Now i use the 2.6.12rc6 without patch. I can use the two options without
> >>problem and the cpu frequency scaling works fine with powernowd.
> >
> >Perhaps I will try that. Will this be making it into debian any time
> >soon? The docs say that you need to apply cramfs patch in order to
> >compile a vanilla kernel. Is this still true?
> >
> I compiled a 2.6.12-rc6 kernel without any cramfs patch and initrd works
> just fine

OK, so I compiled and installed 2.6.12-rc6 as was suggested, and
frequency scaling now works just fine. Only problem is that as soon as
I start a second X server, the machines freezes. Can anybody else
reproduce this problem? (I have a 12" AlBook)

--
Itai

Itai Seggev, University of Chicago, Department of Physics

In 1997 a group of programmers started writing a desktop environment
to fix a travesty they didn't create.  Their program promptly found
its way onto un*x systems everywhere. Today, still opposed by a
software monopolist, they survive as soldiers of fortune.  If you share
their vision, if you know you can help, and if you can connect to
internet, maybe you can join... the K-Team.