X Server & PCI-hardware address

Hi!

I just installed debian on an old world g3. Running lspci to figure out the hardware address of the graphic card brought out the address 00:16:00. When I start the X Server, it does not find a screnn though. Still I can read in the log that i suggests to use 00:18:00 instead. Changing the address to that value works.
Why does lspci deliver the wrong address for the ati rage card?

Regards,
Martin

PS: Even though the X Server starts, the picture sucks, because the resolution settings don't seem to be right. I'm running an apple grayscale monitor with 640x480 pixels. Does anyone know the correct settings?