cpufreq problems

Hi. I tried using the cpufreq patch discussed on the list in Febuary
(http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2005/03/msg00554.html).
I got it from http://seehuhn.de/comp/powerbook/000-cpufreq.patch.
I applied it to kernel-source-2.6.11-5 and used the config from
kernel-image-2.6.11-2. Compile and install ended successfully, but I
can't boot. All I get is the following output, and then the machines
freezes: (I need to do a hard reboot)

Welcome to Linx, kerenl 2.6.11grvisitor2

linke at : 0xc0000000
frame buffer at : 0xa008000 (phys), 0xd0008000 (log)
klimit 0xc045a8c4
MSR : 0x00003030
HID0 : 0x8410c0bc

pmac_init(): exit
id mach(): done
MMU:enter
MMU:hw init
hash:enter
hash:find piece
hash:patch
hash:done
MMU:mapin
MMU:setio
MMU:exit
setup_arch: enter
setup_arch: bootmem
arch: exit
openpic: enter
openpic: timer
openpic: external
openpic: spurious
openpic: exit

Any idea what's wrong?
--
Itai

Itai Seggev, University of Chicago, Department of Physics

In 1997 a group of programmers started writing a desktop environment
to fix a travesty they didn't create.  Their program promptly found
its way onto un*x systems everywhere. Today, still opposed by a
software monopolist, they survive as soldiers of fortune.  If you share
their vision, if you know you can help, and if you can connect to
internet, maybe you can join... the K-Team.