Re: cpufreq problems

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 08:32:24AM +0200, Mickael Royer wrote:
> I had the same problem with the 2.6.11
> For me the problem has appeared when I used "performance governor" instead
> of "userspace governor" for the cpu frequency scaling.

I set the default governor to userspace, and this allowed me to boot
succesffully. However, the moment I set the cpufeq to 1.5GHz (or start
powernowd), the machine freezes. I tried remove all governores but
userspsace from the kernel, and this had not effect.

Ideas?

> Now i use the 2.6.12rc6 without patch. I can use the two options without
> problem and the cpu frequency scaling works fine with powernowd.

Perhaps I will try that. Will this be making it into debian any time
soon? The docs say that you need to apply cramfs patch in order to
compile a vanilla kernel. Is this still true?

--
Itai

Itai Seggev, University of Chicago, Department of Physics

In 1997 a group of programmers started writing a desktop environment
to fix a travesty they didn't create.  Their program promptly found
its way onto un*x systems everywhere. Today, still opposed by a
software monopolist, they survive as soldiers of fortune.  If you share
their vision, if you know you can help, and if you can connect to
internet, maybe you can join... the K-Team.