Re: cpufreq problems

Itai Seggev wrote:

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 08:32:24AM +0200, Mickael Royer wrote:
I had the same problem with the 2.6.11
For me the problem has appeared when I used "performance governor" instead of "userspace governor" for the cpu frequency scaling.

I set the default governor to userspace, and this allowed me to boot
succesffully. However, the moment I set the cpufeq to 1.5GHz (or start
powernowd), the machine freezes. I tried remove all governores but
userspsace from the kernel, and this had not effect.
Ideas?

Now i use the 2.6.12rc6 without patch. I can use the two options without problem and the cpu frequency scaling works fine with powernowd.

Perhaps I will try that. Will this be making it into debian any time
soon? The docs say that you need to apply cramfs patch in order to
compile a vanilla kernel. Is this still true?

I compiled a 2.6.12-rc6 kernel without any cramfs patch and initrd works just fine

--Mike S