Re: cpufreq problems

On 6/13/05, Itai Seggev <is+debian@cs.hmc.edu> wrote:
Hi. I tried using the cpufreq patch discussed on the list in Febuary
(http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2005/03/msg00554.html).
I got it from http://seehuhn.de/comp/powerbook/000-cpufreq.patch.
I applied it to kernel-source-2.6.11-5 and used the config from
kernel-image-2.6.11-2. Compile and install ended successfully, but I
can't boot. All I get is the following output, and then the machines
freezes: (I need to do a hard reboot)

Welcome to Linx, kerenl 2.6.11grvisitor2

linke at : 0xc0000000
frame buffer at : 0xa008000 (phys), 0xd0008000 (log)
klimit 0xc045a8c4
MSR : 0x00003030
HID0 : 0x8410c0bc

pmac_init(): exit
id mach(): done
MMU:enter
MMU:hw init
hash:enter
hash:find piece
hash:patch
hash:done
MMU:mapin
MMU:setio
MMU:exit
setup_arch: enter
setup_arch: bootmem
arch: exit
openpic: enter
openpic: timer
openpic: external
openpic: spurious
openpic: exit

Any idea what's wrong?

I had the same problem with the 2.6.11
For me the problem has appeared when I used "performance governor" instead of "userspace governor" for the cpu frequency scaling.

Now i use the 2.6.12rc6 without patch. I can use the two options without problem and the cpu frequency scaling works fine with powernowd.

Mickael.