compliation errors under heavy load (was: compilation errors on PB12" under heavy load)

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 12:42:27PM +0200, Julien Pervillé wrote:
> I experienced the stability problem when doing heavy
> compilation on this ibook g4. The culprit was the preemptible kernel
> option. I first suspected bad memory, but this laptop is working fine
> with OSX. Recompiling without CONFIG_PREEMPT did the trick. This is a
> known issue.

If this is a known issue,
why not turn off PREEMPT by default
and add a warning to the describing text?

I also have problems during heavy compiles (Powerbook 5,6 G4)
and will try 2.6.12-pre6 without PREEMPT now.

Thanks for the hints!
	Bernhard