Re: compilation errors on PB12" under heavy load

Kasper Jordaens wrote:

>hello,
>

>I've been recently compiling a lot on my Powerbook 12" 1.33Ghz.
>Very often my compiles end up in errors like:

It seems the 'well know bug' of PPC/Preemptible Kernel. Have you preempt
enabled in your kernel?
Disable it and try compile again.

This problem seems to appear only if you make an heavy compilation under
X, so if u are not able to compile a new kernel without preempt ,
because of the above problem, go in Console and do it.

>should I complain to apple? Is there a way to test/prove the CPU to be
>erroneous under heavy stress?
>
>Kasper

If the problem would be the 'CPU' you would have a lot of more problems
then compiling :)

Bye
P.