Re: compilation errors on PB12" under heavy load

hello,

the problem also occurs in console (right now I'm compiling in the
console, it's going ok for about 30 minutes) I do have pre-emptible
kernel enabled though.
Recompiling a kernel is impossible because of :

make all
[...]
LD      .tmp_vmlinux1
mm/built-in.o(.rodata.cst4+0x0): relocation truncated to fit:
R_PPC_ADDR32 empty_zero_page+40000000
make: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1

I upgraded to gcc 3.4.4 (beacuse I read upgrading might solce taht)
but it doesn't help

anyway I have pre-emptible kernel enabled

any Ideas?