Re: iBook G3 owners

On Sat, 2005-04-09 at 18:04 +0200, Kristian Peters wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I own an iBook 2.2 900 MHz and did some testing with your recent patches.
>
> Thermal management is somewhat better as before (2.6.8). My iBook isn't getting much hot anymore. btw: I'm using cpudynd to control cpu speed.
>
> X doesn't work. I only see some wierd flickering when starting X.
>
> Somehow sleep-support isn't supported by the kernel. Any ideas?
>
> # pmud
> pmud [treshold = 420, margin = 15] started
> PMU version 12: iBook/G3 Pismo/G4 Titanium
> No sleep support on this hardware, exiting!
> daemon stopped (missing sleep support)

Do you have CONFIG_PMAC_PBOOK in your .config ? I don't know what's up
with X, what video chip do you have ? Did X broke with the latest kernel
or was it always broken ? Can you try figuing out what kernel version
broke it ? (and please CC me or I may miss your replies)

--
Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>