video=ofonly

The QOTD I have today is when I use video=ofonly to get a display while logging in, would that negate an X installation from being able to access my framebuffer? I am supposed to use the aty128fb but currently I cannot boot with that.

Sven, this is for you, I have compiled the 2.6.12-rc2 kernel twice and now I am going to take another stab at compiling the debian kernel. So if you could email me with any instructions, I am at your disposal.

Another question for this list is I read a post on the internet from someone who compiled I2C support on their kernel, with an Open Firmware framebuffer, and r128 driver I have no idea what I2C is, and I did compile a kernel both with and without it, neither one helped, but could someone tell me whether I need that or not? Also I thought the only framebuffer that I could use with the r128 was the aty128fb, but what about the OFfb, is that a possibility for me?
--Mike