Re: iMac DV/iBook Firewire install follow-up

On Mon, Oct 09, 2000 at 05:04:24AM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:

> I have been getting some reports of display problems with ybin's
> bootscript (the new one) one some machines, and trying to find a way
> to solve it.  i am not entirely sure how yaboot writes things to the
> screen, but i would be interested to see if ybin 0.26's bootscript
> (when configured to display a menu) works on your machine.
> unfortunatly its not packaged (0.23 is using very different Forth
> code) the current script writes text directly into the framebuffer
> rather then with the OF console output (which does not work AFAICT)

I think it is apple's attempt to make things look like there is no OF, and
the computer just boots MacOS.  If you press CMD-OPT-OF and then type boot,
the output comes out.

Have you tried changing the boot command to boot rather than mac-boot.
boot might allow the screen output to come out.

> i am getting VERY tempted to disable the mac-boot command altogether
> but 1) that is not a great solution and 2) it still may not solve all
> the problems.

Would it hurt to have boot be the normal boot command, and then is MacOS is
selected, then run mac-boot?

Dave Brown